A married relationship licence shows the individual doing your wedding (the wedding officiant) which you have actually met most of the requirements that are legal be hitched in Alberta.
Alberta wedding licences can be found from a registry agent workplace.
A registry representative dilemmas a 2-part document. The top component is a Registration of Marriage therefore the bottom level may be the marriage licence.
The document that is fullenrollment of Marriage/Marriage Licence) should be directed at the wedding officiant which will be doing your wedding. This can be a document that is legal should be kept in good condition and never folded as it’s completely archived.
Conditions for a married relationship
Banns (postings or notices in a church) aren’t appropriate in the place of a wedding licence.
There are not any residency or citizenship needs.
There is absolutely no time period that have to pass between your date a couple comes in Alberta therefore the date a wedding licence is given.
Bloodstream tests are not essential.
A married relationship licence is legitimate for a couple of months through the date its released.
A marriage can take position the day that is same wedding licence is granted. There is absolutely no waiting time.
An Alberta wedding licence is just legitimate for an Alberta wedding. The marriage has to take spot in Alberta.
If you should be presently married, you can not submit an application for an Alberta wedding licence.
When having the wedding licence, you need to:
- Use together during the registry representative workplace
- Some exceptions may use, talk with a registry representative for details
- Swear/affirm more than one affidavits
- It really is an offense to swear/affirm an affidavit that is false
- Offer your information that is personal, and the entire names and delivery places of one’s moms and dads (including a parent’s maiden name)